Kumusha Sauvignon Blanc 2023
We have 16 in stock (Inventory is live and accurate)
- Origin: Western Cape, South Africa
- Winery: Kumusha Wines, founded by renowned sommelier Tinashe Nyamudoka
- Philosophy: Emphasizes minimal intervention winemaking and natural fermentation to let the wine express its origin
- Vineyard: Sourced from a 4-hectare vineyard called Opstal at 300 meters above sea level, with ancient sandstone soils
- Grape Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Winemaking Process: After destemming, free-run juice is settled in stainless steel tanks for 48 hours at 9°C. Fermentation takes about 3 weeks, with occasional stirring of the lees to enhance mouthfeel. The wine rests on its gross lees in stainless steel tanks for 4 months before bottling.
- Tasting Notes: Opens with aromas of tropical fruits and native green vegetation. The palate features juicy citrus fruit balanced with pleasant minerality and texture, making it versatile for food pairings.
- Production: 1650 cases produced
About the Wine: Kumusha Sauvignon Blanc 2023, crafted by Tinashe Nyamudoka, is a reflection of his vision to create wines that are representative of South African terroir and accessible to a broader audience. Tinashe's background in hospitality and winemaking, combined with his passion for showcasing the best of South Africa's wine regions, results in a Sauvignon Blanc that is both expressive and approachable. This wine is a testament to his commitment to quality and his desire to introduce new audiences to the unique flavors of South African wines.
We ship wine to most states with a $100 minimum order for shipping. We don't ship spirits nor beer.
Weather shipping advisory: Orders placed during times of extreme heat or extreme cold will be held for no charge until more favorable weather returns.