Creamy Corn and Mushroom Pasta
I love the combination of mushrooms and fresh corn. There’s something about them that go so well together: the sweet flavors of the corn compliment the earthy meaty flavors of the mushrooms. When combined together in a pasta dish and a decadent crème fraiche pan sauce, this is the perfect late summer weeknight meal that is worthy of any restaurant menu. You can create an elevated dining experience at with just a few simple ingredients! The wine pairing truly elevates this dinner and you’ll feel like you’re in a Michelin restaurant for a hell of a lot less than dining out.
Ingredients - 4 servings
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 16 ounces mixed fresh mushrooms: maitake (hen of the woods), oyster mushrooms, and/or Morel mushrooms broken/sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-pound fresh or dried pappardelle or tagliatelle pasta
- 1/4 cup chives, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus additional to garnish
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked and kernels cut off the cob
- 6 slices good bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 tsp each coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, add more to taste
• Use tongs to serve in shallow bowls and top with cooked bacon, more cheese and herbs (parsley and chives) on top.
Patrick Piuze “Les Boutots” Bourgogne Tonnerre Blanc 2020
We chose a weighty Chardonnay to pair with this creamy corn and mushroom pasta and it was a slam dunk! The wine is textured, rich and minerally without being oaky or buttery. The crisp acidity of the wine perfectly cut through the richness of the pasta while the flavors of golden apple, lemon oil and a briney finish tie it all together. Delicious weeknight dinner and pairing that anyone can achieve at home!
There are no comments yet. Be the first one to post one!