JF Mugnier Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru “Clos de la Maréchale” Rouge 2021
We have 3 in stock (Inventory is live and accurate)
- Soil Type: Limestone and clay
- Elevation: Varied within the vineyard
- Grape: Pinot Noir
- Winemaking: Emphasizes traditional Burgundian techniques, focusing on temperature control and gentle handling to preserve the fruit's integrity.
- Farming Practices: Committed to sustainable viticulture, prioritizing the health and balance of the vineyard ecosystem.
- Tasting Notes: Features a rich tapestry of ripe red fruits, complemented by subtle earthy nuances and a touch of spice. The palate is met with elegant tannins and a well-structured body, culminating in a persistent finish. The wine's structure and depth make it an excellent candidate for aging, promising to evolve beautifully over the years.
- Pairing: Excellently paired with roasted meats, game, earthy mushroom dishes, and aged cheeses.
Key Aspects of Domaine Jacques Frédéric Mugnier:
Vineyard Management: The domaine practices sustainable viticulture, focusing on maintaining the health and balance of the vineyard ecosystem. They avoid the use of chemical herbicides and pesticides, favoring organic practices.
Winemaking Techniques: Mugnier's approach to winemaking is characterized by a gentle touch and minimal intervention. The grapes are hand-harvested and sorted meticulously. Fermentation is carried out with indigenous yeasts, and the wines are aged in French oak barrels, with a modest use of new oak to ensure the wine's character is not overshadowed by wood flavors.
Terroir Expression: A key focus for Mugnier is the expression of terroir. The wines are known for their ability to reflect the unique characteristics of their vineyard sites, with a clear emphasis on elegance and purity of fruit.
Collectibility and Aging Potential: Wines from Domaine Jacques Frédéric Mugnier are highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts due to their quality, rarity, and aging potential. The wines, especially those from premier and grand cru vineyards, are known to evolve gracefully, gaining complexity and depth over time.
Notable Vineyards: The domaine has holdings in some of the most prestigious vineyards in Burgundy, including the famed Clos de la Maréchale in Nuits St. Georges and several grand cru vineyards in Chambolle-Musigny.
Limited Production: The limited production and meticulous attention to detail at every stage of the winemaking process contribute to the exclusivity and desirability of these wines in the global market.
We ship wine to most states with a $100 minimum order for shipping. We don't ship spirits nor beer.
Weather shipping advisory: Orders placed during times of extreme heat or extreme cold will be held for no charge until more favorable weather returns.
Burgundy is known for its Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, and as the capital of the concept of terroir, where each vineyard has its own personality, it's home to some of the world's most renowned viticultural talents, producing jaw-dropping wines that impeccably reflect the soils from which they come.