Timo Mayer Syrah 2022
We have 4 in stock (Inventory is live and accurate)
- Soil Type: The vineyard is located on the top of Timo's Bloody Hill in Yarra Yarra, Australia known for its “bloody steep” rocky volcanic soil that contributes to the wine's intensity and depth.
- Elevation: The elevation of 300-470 meters ensures optimal sun exposure, particularly in the afternoon, enhancing the ripening of the Syrah grapes.
- Grape: 100% Syrah.
- Winemaking: The wine is fermented with 100% whole bunches, a technique that adds complexity and a unique character to the wine. This method imparts a distinctive herbal and spicy profile.
- Farming Practices: Timo Mayer focuses on minimal intervention and sustainable practices in the vineyard, ensuring the natural expression of the grape and terroir.
- Tasting Notes: The wine showcases purity of fruit alongside mineral graphite and ferrous iron notes. It features delightful blackberry fruits, creating a rich and contemplative experience. The palate is greeted with flavors of dill, clove, peppercorn, and blueberry, underlined by a gritty, somewhat unresolved finish that promises to evolve beautifully with time.
- Pairing: This Syrah pairs well with grilled meats, hearty stews, and robust cheese, complementing the wine's rich and complex profile.
The Timo Mayer Syrah 2022 is a reflection of the unique terroir of the Yarra Valley and Mayer's distinctive winemaking style. It offers a complex and thought-provoking experience, ideal for both immediate enjoyment and aging potential.
We ship wine to most states with a $100 minimum order for shipping.
Weather shipping advisory: Orders placed during times of extreme heat or extreme cold will be held for no charge until more favorable weather returns.
A large country and large wine exporter, Australia has a diverse range of climates and landscapes. Traditional styles include massive Shiraz's from Barossa Valley and high acid Semillon from Hunter Valley, but many regions are now experimenting with different grapes and styles. Numerous old vine vineyards also dot the landscape of this exciting wine country.